About Orvis Consulting Ltd
Orvis Consulting is an independent OR consultancy which provides support to business decision making. Orvis Consulting uses the tools and techniques
of OR to investigate and analyse business and public sector problems, especially those that are complex or difficult to articulate.
Our staff has over 30 years experience of applying OR and applications have included the following:
- Examination of the costs of transforming the structure of a large enterprise
- Exploration of the relationship between readiness and cost for an organisation
- Construction of tender evaluation schemes to ensure auditability of the contractor selection process. These projects have supported procurements with values
ranging from £100,000 to £20b. We should perhaps also note that the cost of providing the tender evaluation models is a tiny fraction of the cost of acquisition!
- Examination of the trade-off between cost and capability for a fleet of ships, including the demonstration of the relative merits of a wide range of cost-savings
- Consultancy to establish auditable and traceable comparisons of staff expertise and experience, in support of a staff grading exercise. Conduct of workshop with
Organisation managers to confirm staff grading criteria, and to develop weightings and scoring scales.
We believe an important aspect of the use of OR is that the decision maker fully understands the implications of a business decision. Therefore we specialise
in using techniques and methods which the decison maker can use to explore the problem and its solutions themselves.
Please call us on +44 01252 645111 +44 01252 645111 or use our contact form.